Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Corporate Nuke

The sound of speed typing inflates the office on another given day. Sun beaming through the sticker infested window waiting for a place in line amongst illegal immigrants wishing for a supernaturally cheap auto insurance policy. Then...the phone rings. Expecting to hear another customer complaint about how expensive it is and how they feel they are getting ripped off besides the point they are getting "REAL" insurance, the voice of regional management thunders through the electrons connected through wires from one location to another. A bomb has set off...My feathers have been flustered and the office environment mimicked the atmosphere of Hiroshima, Japan. Death slowly filled the air as I had to fire half my staff...and all I could do was sit here and wait for another name to ring through these phones to fire another person. Not long until I hear the name I dread to listen to next..."Josh Gomez...Thank you for your work...Have a nice day." Sweat rolled down my forehead and all I can feel is a knife rotating counter clock wise inside of my intestines as I shit out another brick. Silence is our theme in the office this afternoon. Radios turned off and the TV has a beautiful static noise to entice our fear stung ears. Oh the Waiting!!! The waiting is the part that kills. A radiation engulfing each and every single one of us counting down our days till the very last second of life left. "Why bother sell now?" was my only thought...when suddenly another ring....Could it be another bomb? "Best Buy Insurance....Josh speaking...." A moment of silence.....I swallowed the hardest drop of saliva which happened to be the last one left. Might as well make it a good swallow right? The grim reaper said, "It ends today....No more..." Click.....The call ends...the smoke clears...radiation still amidst...Will anyone else terminate today?

1 comment:

  1. You too, seriously... I don't understand why you think that you can't write! T_T

    P.S. You have the same Blogger theme as Bai Ling, I'm pretty sure. XD I forget where her Blogger is..

    ReplyDelete