Saturday, January 31, 2009

Across the 110

The mind of my 1996 Honda civic apparently was filled with suicidal thoughts last night. And what perfect timing then to act on those thoughts in a congested freeway called the 110 at 8:35pm. Completely ignoring the handling changes my car has been making earlier that day, I was faced with a consequence that put the risk of killing my best friend's girlfriend. Perfect scene for an opener from Six Feet Under. Between one breath the car lost control. Immediately swerving to the right, shifting into a beautiful 90 degree angled drift going 60mph. In this moment I still haven't taken the next breath yet...and all I could see were bright balls of light that only seemed to get bigger and closer. Time slowed down for a second....and then..that moment ended. Back to reality, the car shifts an elegant 180 degrees to the opposite direction where my drivers side is facing the oncoming traffic....another moment...time slows down as I stare at bigger and closer balls of light only this time my only thought was, "When are these cars going to plant themselves on my driver's side door to face plant my face with glass and metal...." Again...the moment ends....my car catches traction and spins back swerving right and left again and finally coming to a complete stop.....finally I get to finish taking my breath. We started on the fourth lane to the right and somehow miraculously landed ourselves on the left emergency lane without a scratch...Carrie Underwood's "Jesus take the wheel" played in my head at this moment. A very homosexual moment I might add since I was as terrified as a newborn baby hung upside down getting spanked. What a way to enter the world of earth right?

Anyways, I sat there. And all I could do was chuckle and smile. Grateful that I'm alive and that I didn't end up killing the Best Friend's Girlfriend, we were both still pretty shaken up. Oh the things we go through just to visit the people we love and care about. Too bad for him, we didn't end up visiting him. Slowly we moved our way back onto the freeway paranoid out of our minds. And now my car is messed up. New sounds and broken noises. When will we ever catch a break...I'm barely starting to get back up and before you know it, I get slammed with a hammer fist on my back landing hands flat on the floor. Well don't prepare me a grave, because I'm nowhere close to ending this fight. Josh is here to stay. Life....you "gone dun" PISS me off. Watch me counter this one...Tap 2...

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!Josh, im gald nothing bad happen to you or best friend's gf.. Glad you both made it out safely out of the terrifying moment!! :]

    ReplyDelete