Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Entrepreneurship

02/09/09 was the first day of my effective promotion. From Branch Manager to Entrepreneur. This small homely little office is now considered mine. I can either make it or break it, win or lose, rich or starve. I'm overwhelmed by this huge opportunity, yet I'm terrified by the possible losses. I don't fail because I hate failing. I can't afford it. Not now...

I'm pretty sure I'll be just fine. I really should have nothing to worry about. I guess the feeling of practically having my own business at the age of 23 is a little freaky to me. Employees lives and families being supported by my wages...It's just mind boggling. It's kind of like gaining a new "super-hero" power like flying but still premature with the fear that the power will fade away in the middle of flying through the highest sky scrapers. What if I can't afford to pay my employees? What if I can't afford to eat? What if I can't pay the office rent? But then again...What if I can give these hard working reps raises? What if they can finally feed their families? What if they can finally know what it's like to have hope? It's all depended on me...

I won't lose. This is where my life really begins. This is where my future found it's foundation. I don't have to worry about switching jobs back and forth and finding different traits and careers. It's taken some an extremely long time to find their "nitch", but I've finally found mine. This is my race...This is my story...A kid that starved and lived with 3 different families just to have a place called home; even if the floor was my bed. I will not be shaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment